Tuesday, March 3, 2009




If music was my world . . .
Soul and Funk would be my parents
With my soul being made of kicks and snares
My blood flowing with notes And my mind being made of songs
Broken down into verses and bars

My world would always be about that perfect note

One that I would create with my love Hip Hop
The perfect notes name would be R&B

A combined name of her great grandparents Blues and Jazz
But my love with Hip Hop would soon wither away

As her ups and downs on how she could adapt to the most recent generation

Left her broken and confused
Of who she truly was from the first day I fell in love with her

So she downward spirals into a world of false realities
A different type of sound

Filled with pain and anger

And talk of drugs and homicide
With men who are on a one way road to death with the things they say
She adapts to this parasite of a world and begins to die
Dying slow like poison working through the body
I cry for her not cause she isn't mine
But because she has lost her way and is losing it all

I love Hip Hop




~ JBlanco ~

No comments:

Post a Comment